Bauman College Programs

Author Topic: Yummy Thai "Coconut Fossil" Dessert  (Read 2024 times)

Offline Komoot

• Alumni
    • The Mindful Feast
Yummy Thai "Coconut Fossil" Dessert
« on: May 18, 2009, 11:11:31 PM »
After the sea vegetable class, I was inspired to create a dessert recipe using Agar agar and raw agave nectar. It turned out so very good that I want to share with you all. While I was eating, I could picture coconut trees on the beach somewhere in Thailand.  :D

So, here's the recipe (or you can call it: Coconut Juice Jelly with Coconut Ribbons and Coconut Cream Top)

(Serves 6)

Ingredients for jelly
2 cup   filtered water
2 Tsp    agar agar flakes
1/4 cup   raw agave nectar
coconut water from 1/2 young coconut
coconut meat from 1 young coconut, cut into strips like ribbons

Ingredients for topping
coconut water from 1/2 young coconut
2 Tsp    agar agar flakes
2 tsp   raw agave nectar
8 oz   canned coconut milk, lite
1/8 tsp   sea salt

Directions
1.   To prepare the jelly, in a saucepan, add the water and the agar agar flakes together and let stand for 15 minutes.
2.   Stir in the agave nectar to the agar mixture. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally. Reduce the heat to medium-low and continue to stir until dissolved.
3.   Remove from the heat, and mix in the coconut water.
4.   Arrange the coconut ribbons at the bottom of 6 clear-glass cups or ramekins. Pour the agar mixture over, and chill in a refrigerator until set.
5.   While the jelly is being chilled, prepare the cream top by adding the coconut water with the agar agar flakes in the same saucepan. Let stand for 15 minutes.
6.   Stir in the agave nectar and the coconut cream to the agar mixture. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring occasionally. Add the sea salt and reduce the heat to medium-low and continue to stir until dissolved. Adjust any flavors, if necessary.
7.   Pour the cream to top each cup of the jelly and chill until the cream is set, and serve.

And enjoy !!! ;)

« Last Edit: May 18, 2009, 11:14:18 PM by Komoot »