Bauman College Programs

Author Topic: Seeking Breakfast Smoothie  (Read 1692 times)

Offline Katie VanB

• Alumni
Seeking Breakfast Smoothie
« on: June 02, 2009, 09:05:07 AM »
I am looking for a breakfast smoothie recipe that is vegan and uses spirulina and/or chlorella.  My "go-to" smoothie usually consists of frozen fruit, tea (or coconut water or water) with some seeds (hemp, flax or chia).  Looking for something for sustained energy.

Thanks!

Offline HallieK

• Alumni
Re: Seeking Breakfast Smoothie
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2009, 12:01:27 PM »
One thing I add to my smoothies for sustained energy is coconut oil.  The fat in it helps me to remain satisfied throughout the morning, and it just "keeps me going."  As for spirulina or chlorella, you could try "Green Magic" offered on the college's home page.  It has both of those, plus lots of other nutrients.  Just add a tsp. to your normal smoothie recipe and go start your energy-filled day!

P.S. Another great addition to smoothies is coconut milk (canned).  Though rich, it adds such a great tropical creaminess.  I allow myself this indulgence once in a while for a really special treat.

Offline Marlina E

• Associate Director
  • Administrator
    • Bauman College Online
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2009, 04:01:52 PM »
Adding some rice protein to that shake will give you the more sustained energy that you are looking for.  I use NutriBiotic Rice Protein powder, it feels good.
BA Environmental Studies UCSB
Nutrition Consultant

Offline BoooD4455

« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2019, 11:26:04 AM »
I like smoothie for breakfast!
Especially this smoothie - Strawberry Oat Smoothie  https://greenann.com/recipe/strawberry-oat-smoothie/
Ingredients:
7 oz Strawberries
1 Banana
cup of Oats
cup of Coconut Milk
1 cup of Water
1 tbsp Coconut Oil
Delicious!))