Bauman College Programs

Author Topic: carob treats (the 5 Million $ recipe from Marina's NE final) :)  (Read 1426 times)

Offline MarinaL

• Alumni
CAROB TREASURES
These take less than 15 minutes to prepare.

At many of your requests, here is the secret sensation:

1.5-2 c chopped nuts
(I used walnuts that I had soaked then re-dried)
1 c high grade organic coconut oil (I used Jungle)
1/2 c carob powder (I looked for organic and Whole Foods only had a roasted standard carob powder)
1/4 t cinnamon
1/8 t cardamom

1/4-1/2 c unsweetened shredded coconut

Line the bottom of clean ice cube trays with a pinch of shredded coconut.  If you want to see the coconut, have at least 1/4 of the container with coconut.  Set aside. 

In small saucepan, heat coconut oil until just melted.  Turn off heat.  Add spices.  (Note, this is the amount I used for the version tasted 6/15/09 and I could not taste the spices much with the strong character of the carob.  Experiment if you want to a more exotic or gourmet flair.)

Add carob to oil and gradually whisk in until it is incorporated, then you can be more vigorous (otherwise the powder goes on the stove!)... add nuts.

Gently spoon in carob mixture into ice cube tray.  When complete, freeze until firm.  Remove from tray just as you would with ice.  Keep in freezer or fridge because they do melt!

Especially handy for a healthy treat on hand.  I just ate a few because my blood sugar crashed and I didn't want a full feeling in my stomach, and am feeling better.

anything