Bauman College Programs

Author Topic: International Students  (Read 4887 times)

Offline ash25

  • Member
  • *
  • Posts: 1
International Students
« on: July 17, 2009, 02:17:55 PM »
Hi my name is Aisling.

I studied an MA in Food studies at New York University, and would like to return to the U.S some time in the future, to take this course.

What is the recognition in Europe/U.k for the chef training course and also the long distance nutrition course.

Thanks for your help! :)

Offline Marsha McLaughlin

  • Admissions
  • Staff
  • *****
  • Posts: 169
Re: International Students
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2009, 10:57:45 AM »
Hi Aisling

I would recommend that you check with your local professional regulation agency to make sure that your Bauman College Certification would be recognized in your community. I am including below some information on becoming a Bauman College international student.

You can apply and enroll in our Distance Learning Nutrition Educator program at any time.  However, you would need to attend our Natural Chef program at one of our 4 classroom locations in the United States.

Please check with the United States Department of Homeland Security for student visa requirements.  It is my understanding that you may visit the United States on a tourist visa and attend a short educational program while in the United States.  Our Natural Chef program does meet the criteria of a short program.  Please see the information below from a previous post on the topic of International Students:

I found the information below on the United States Department of Homeland Security website.  You can find it in the Student Visa section.  This is exciting information for Bauman College prospective students who live outside of the United States and would like to enroll in the Bauman College Natural Chef program.  Our Natural Chef program qualifies as a short course of study since it is only 15 Hours per week for 5 months.

Click on the link below to visit the Student Visa page on the Dept. of Homeland Security webiste:

Student Applicants (for F-1 and M-1 visas) - Overview

If you are going to the U.S. primarily for tourism, but want to take a short course of study of less than 18 hours per week, you may be able to do so on a visitor visa. You should inquire at the appropriate U.S. Embassy or Consulate. If your course of study is more than 18 hours a week, you will need a student visa. Please read this information for general information on how to apply for an F1 or M1 student visa. For additional student related information, visit the  EducationUSA website created by the Department of State, Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs to learn about educational opportunities for undergraduate and graduate study, opportunities for scholars, financial aid, testing, admissions, and much more.

In most countries, first time student visa applicants are required to appear for an in-person interview. However, each embassy and consulate sets its own interview policies and procedures regarding student visas. Students should consult Embassy web sites or call for specific application instructions.

Keep in mind that June, July, and August are the busiest months in most consular sections, and interview appointments are the most difficult to get during that period. Students need to plan ahead to avoid having to make repeat visits to the Embassy. To the extent possible, students should bring the documents suggested below, as well as any other documents that might help establish their ties to the local community.

Changes introduced shortly after September 11, 2001 involve extensive and ongoing review of visa issuing practices as they relate to our national security. It is important to apply for your visa well in advance of your travel departure date.

I hope you find this information to be helpful. Be sure to contact me if you would like to discuss this information further.

Be Well,
Marsha McLaughlin
Admissions Supervisor
Bauman College