Bauman College Programs

Author Topic: African Chicken Peanut Stew  (Read 1973 times)

Offline ShoshanaD

• Alumni
African Chicken Peanut Stew
« on: December 30, 2009, 02:08:44 PM »
I posted a recipe I developed this week for African Chicken Peanut Stew that is super flavorful and has loads of nutrients packed in with all the veggies. We made a peanut stew in class that didn't have much flavor (I was the one who made it so I'm allowed to find fault ;-) If anyone is looking for a different version, this one turned out much better.

http://naturalchefshoshana.blogspot.com/2009/12/recipe-african-chicken-stew.html

Offline jodi f.

• Curriculum Consultant
  • Staff
Re: African Chicken Peanut Stew
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2010, 06:58:07 AM »
I just checked out this recipe and it looks great. Very similar to a soup recipe I have that uses garbanzos, so yes, they'd be great in there, even with the chicken. Thanks for sharing this.

Offline Marlina E

• Associate Director
  • Administrator
    • Bauman College Online
Re: African Chicken Peanut Stew
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2010, 12:48:07 PM »
Yum!  You inspired me!  I made this recipe last night. It was delicious and I am getting psyched about heating it up for lunch soon :)

My notes:  since I was opening a can of diced tomatoes, I just threw in the whole thing, not just a cup.  Also, I added some more mushroom, maybe about a cup or a cup and a half. Also, I didn't measure the peanut butter, so I probably did a bit more than a bit less. So, all of those things increased the liquid, so when it was all cooked, I had to add more spices all around to get it to the flavor I wanted.

A great recipe and it was fantastic!  Thanks for posting.
BA Environmental Studies UCSB
Nutrition Consultant

anything