Bauman College Programs

Author Topic: Food Photography Collaboration Wanted  (Read 2665 times)

Offline movephotography

• Move Photography
Food Photography Collaboration Wanted
« on: January 04, 2010, 04:49:29 PM »
I stopped in at the college today to ask about working with graduates or current students to do some food photography, and was advised to register and make a posting on here - I hope you don't mind!

I grew up in Penngrove and have returned after spending a few years at university in Arizona. I love shooting food and am primarily looking for chefs and nutritionists with whom to collaborate. I'd be open to working on cookbooks, art projects, recipe cards, just about anything, really - I love being around people who love food as much as I love taking photos of it.

So please, if you have a moment, take a look at my food portfolio on my website and let me know if you'd be interested in working together.

I can be reached at morgan@movephotography.com, or via voice/text at (707) 776-6891. Thanks for your time!

KellyT

Re: Food Photography Collaboration Wanted
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2010, 09:51:05 AM »
Hi Morgan,

I really enjoyed looking at your site. Your food pictures are really beautiful! I also love the fact that for food you charge by the photo and acknowledged not wanting to rush the chef.

I hope some of the chef graduates here can use you. Your pictures would be amazing for website photography or for cards to handout. I bookmarked your website for the future, in case I need to use you or to refer a friend to you (food or wedding).

Best wishes and welcome back to the Bay Area.

:)

Offline movephotography

• Move Photography
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2010, 12:15:09 PM »
Thanks for your response! I charged for my first food shoot by the hour and didn't like the feel of it at all - charging by the shot means that I am excited about the photos from concept to finished product.

I should point out that I am not just looking for commercial, well-paid shoots.

I love food culture and really just want to work with some people who are interested in creating beautiful and delicious food. If that means taking some photos for a graduate who is looking for a job and needs them for self-promotion, I'd be happy to. I can work for food, wine, or just a good recommendation someday to a restaurant or hotel. My work speaks for itself - I just need to connect with the right people in this industry. I'd also love to do a cookbook someday.

Offline blujay

• Alumni
    • Herb'n Culture.com
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2010, 01:03:29 AM »
Great photos...food in its natural setting...not overly glamorized or composed.

I will link you as a resource on our www.Eastbaychefscoop.weebly.com site so all can see and contact you if needed.

I have some events and possible cookbook in the future....I'll keep you in mind.
Tell me what you eat, and I'll tell you what you will become!

Offline Jacqueline Wong

• Alumni
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2010, 09:38:04 AM »
Hi Blujay,

I like your EastBayChefcoop website. I am working on my website and would like to send you my info once it's ready. Let me know if you need help for your events. I am also based in EastBay.

Jacqueline
Jacqueline