Poll

Do you like this recipe? rate from 1-5

0 (0%)
0 (0%)
0 (0%)
0 (0%)
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Author Topic: Steamed Cod with Roasted Vegetables and Dandelion Greens  (Read 1717 times)

Offline LisaV

• Alumni
Steamed Cod with Roasted Vegetables and Dandelion Greens
« on: February 01, 2010, 09:56:45 PM »
Steamed Cod with Roasted Vegetables and Dandelion Greens
Serves 8 meal size portions
Bauman College improv recipe by Lisa Virtue and Julie Garren

Ingredients
SAUCE
4 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
2 tsp umeboshi vinegar
2 tsp whole grain mustard
1 cup olive oil
4 Tbsp tahini
FISH
2 cod fillets, deboned, cut into triangles
1 bunch baby carrots, peeled
1 fennel bulbs, chopped
1/2 cup water
1 tsp fennel seeds, toasted
1 bunch dandelion greens

Directions
1. In a roasting pan with 1/2 cup water add carrots and fennel.  Bake for 30 minutes at 400 degrees F.
2.  Lightly pulse fennel seeds in a coffee grinder or mash in a mortar and pestle. 
3.  In a bamboo steamer, steam fish 8-10 minutes.
4.  Make sauce - combine all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.  Add salt if necesary. 
5.  After 30 minutes is up, add the dandelion greens to the vegetables and return to oven for another 2-3 minutes until greens are wilted.
6.  Serve fish on top of vegetables, drizzle with sauce and sprinkle fennel seeds on top. 

Notes: 
The original version of this recipe called for whisking the sauce to emulsify it, however we found that the tahini caused it to curdle and so we ended up needing to use a blender.  Another change I made was to toast the fennel seeds separately - originally we added them to the vegetables and baked them without pre-toasting.  I think pre-toasting them will give a nice flavor to the overall dish.

Offline BoooD4455

Re: Steamed Cod with Roasted Vegetables and Dandelion Greens
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2019, 02:12:39 AM »
Thanks for recipe!!) I want to try!)
My favourite recipe is Grilled Sea Bream  https://mygreencookbook.com/grilled-sea-bream/
Easy to prepare, quick and delicious!)
Try)

anything