Bauman College Programs

Author Topic: Your Help Needed to Reverse Whole Foods Board Decision  (Read 2787 times)

Offline jodi f.

• Curriculum Consultant
  • Staff
Your Help Needed to Reverse Whole Foods Board Decision
« on: March 14, 2010, 07:26:06 AM »
Yesterday, Saturday March 13, 2010, the board of directors of Whole Foods markets across the country decided to pull all raw milk products from its shelves until legislation is passed standardizing the safety policies of these products. Organic Pastures, the largest of these dairies, is THE most closely scrutinized dairy in the country and has always been found to be pathogen-free. (I believe there's been one exception to this, at which point they closed down and rectified the situation.) Their cows are all kept out in pasture and the milking machines come to them, a very different scenario than other dairies, including organic ones.

Your comments are needed to help turn this around. If you need more information regarding the safety of raw milk, I suggest you start with the www.organicpastures.com.

http://www.organicpastures.com/_e-letters/e_letter_whole_foods_pull.html

KellyT

Re: Your Help Needed to Reverse Whole Foods Board Decision
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2010, 09:14:07 AM »
Does this include raw milk cheeses? Or is it just raw liquid milk and raw milk butter?

Offline MiraD

• Alumni
    • Grains&More
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2010, 05:18:27 PM »
Jodi,

Thanks for bringing this to my attention.

I live too far from a WF to make use of it, but I certainly would not want to see them pulling raw dairy from their list.

Offline jodi f.

• Curriculum Consultant
  • Staff
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2010, 07:30:39 AM »
Kelly,

The Organic Pastures website said all raw milk products. Maybe contact them to clarify, because that's all I know.