Bauman College Programs

Author Topic: Chocolate Mousse For Athletes  (Read 2532 times)

Offline DianaA

• Alumni
Chocolate Mousse For Athletes
« on: May 18, 2010, 06:02:55 PM »
Athletes are constantly asking me for dessert ideas that they can incorporate into their strict eating regimes, satisfy their sweet tooth, and still provide them with some health benefits. This easy chocolate mousse satisfies all of those requirements and still tastes great!

Servings: 4

Ingredients:
3/4 cup dark chocolate
12 oz organic sprouted silken tofu
1/2 c warm soy, rice or almond milk
1 scoop chocolate flavored whey protein powder
1 tsp vanilla extract

Directions:
1) Melt chocolate in a double boiler. Melt the chocolate slowly stirring constantly until it is smooth. Make sure to heat slowly to not burn the chocolate.
2) Place the milk in a small saucepan over low heat. Lightly warm the milk. Remove from heat and set aside.
3) In a food processor, combine tofu, melted chocolate, warmed milk, protein powder, and vanilla. Process until smooth.
4) Place the tofu mixture in a fine-mesh strainer and push it through with the back of a wooden spoon into a serving bowl.
5) Chill mixture for about 1 hour and serve.

Nutritional Value Per Serving:
Calories: 281
Protein: 26 g
Carbohydrates: 24 g
Dietary Fiber: 4 g
Sugars: 17 g
Fat: 16 g
Sodium: 77 mg

Offline IraW

• Alumni
Re: Chocolate Mousse For Athletes
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2010, 07:22:18 PM »
Seeing as all of my friends and myself are athletes this is a question I come across often. So its never a bad idea to look for nice alternative desserts. This looks like a deliciouse recipe that as a chocolate condesour I have to try. Thanks for sharing  :)

anything