Bauman College Programs

Author Topic: A Simple Solution  (Read 4614 times)

Offline Kathy C.

• Faculty
A Simple Solution
« on: February 09, 2007, 10:25:43 PM »
Hello there.  Here is a simple idea that I use for therapeutics using ice cubes.  I like to take tiny ice cube trays (cocktail cubes) and make tea infusions (such as peppermint, rooisbos, lemongrass and ginger, or astragalus root and fennel) and freeze them for clients to suck on while they are bed-ridden.  This helps to hydrate and incorporate the energetics of herbal properties.   The smaller size is easy to suck on and melts faster without the discomfort of larger cubes of ice.  It seems to be pleasing for my clients and I feel that I am helping them with another 'layer' of healing.  One of my students suggested using the same concept with nutritonal smoothies as well. 

I hope all of you have a great Culinary Showcase experience.  Kathy
Kathy Cummins, NE
 Natural Chef Instructor,
Therapeutic Personal Chef
Healthcare Aide for Elders,
 Consultant for Vajrapani Buddhist Community Kitchen
Organic Farmer Advocate

Offline Lisa Owen

• Alumni
Re: A Simple Solution
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2007, 09:42:46 AM »
One week ago today, I was bicycling on highway 1 in Big Sur.  I was talking nutrition with my guide, Virginia, who told me she purees kale or other greens in a blender.  She freezes them in ice cube trays and cooks them with eggs for the ultimate green scramble.  She shared that her 5 year old daughter loves this.  I look forward to trying this and also the frozen tea infusion 'simple solution.'  what a wonderful idea!

Virginina also took me wine tasting as we were in the heart of Paso Robles.  She mentioned that one of her other clients had passed this on to her:  Black Cherry Citrus Fresca mixed with any red wine.  She was initially agast at the thought (as was I), but she tried it and said it was very good, sortof sangria-esque.  Not a Bauman-sanctioned beverage for sure, but I pass on for comic relief if nothing else.

anything