Bauman College Programs

Author Topic: Organic Chicken Breast...is it a fraud?  (Read 2107 times)

Offline MarisaF

• Alumni
Organic Chicken Breast...is it a fraud?
« on: March 31, 2010, 08:57:25 PM »
I bought organic chicken breast from whole foods today for the first time ever and cooked it in a pan, stove-top for dinner.  Within 20 minutes of eating it, my hands started to tingle and then my arms started to feel dull muscle pain.  I am still feeling this sensation (which is very uncomfortable) 3 hours later!

I used to get tingling in my hands after eating processed meats and thus I no longer eat them.  I attributed that feeling to the nitrates and poor meat quality.  BUT ORGANIC CHICKEN???? Why am I getting this response to organic chicken?  Are there antibiotics or hormones in organic chicken?

Please advise,
Thanks
Marisa
Marisa Fein

Offline Dixie

• Alumni
  • Nothing so good for the heart as the horse.
    • The Tao of Chow
Re: Organic Chicken Breast...is it a fraud?
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2010, 07:14:46 AM »
Food sensitivities can be tricky.  Some can only be identified through testing.  It could be the chicken itself, the packaging, the pan you cooked it in, the fat or spices you used and sometimes sensitivities can be to particular combinations of foods.
You might want to try again and see what happens.  Avoid chicken for 10-14 days and then eat some again totally alone away from all other foods and see if you react.  Don't use a none stick pan.  You could just do a slice or two sauteed in water.
Dixie
Dixie Raile NC
The Tao of Chow  
settle into your wellness
email:  dixie@the-tao-of-chow.com

Offline jodi f.

• Curriculum Consultant
  • Staff
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2010, 06:43:19 AM »
Keep in mind that unless a chicken has been pastured, i.e., allowed to range free and eat grasses, other plants, and bugs, it's been fed on corn and soy, even if it's organic. These are common reactive foods, of course, so the issue may go beyond the animal itself. For the sake of checking out this theory, if you have a farmer's market that sells truly pastured birds, you might want to try one of those to see if you react.

Is it possible that your reaction was to something else you ate or to something else entirely, like a cleaning product? Doing the provocation challenge recommended by Dixie can provide a good means of checking that out.

Offline BoooD4455

« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2019, 01:57:04 PM »
Hi!
I found good recipe of the chicken breast - https://club.cooking/recipe/air-fryer-chicken-breast/
Try))

anything