Bauman College Programs

Author Topic: New with questions!  (Read 4446 times)

Offline LoveLee11

New with questions!
« on: January 12, 2011, 02:47:56 PM »
Hi,

I have a few questions about both of your programs. Ive been lurking thru the forums and have done a lot of reading thru everything on your sight. My issue now is figuring out whether to move out there (Im in the northeast) or do the class long distance. Either way Id have to live there for the natural chef program.

For the holistic nutrition distance learning program, are the classes conducted via internet video classes or just books?  Also, I read on the forums if you are learning long distance that you can sit in for 4 classes. What other options are available for distance learning people as far as flying out and getting hands on experience?

When is the Fall 2011 natural chef program?

What is the "cheapest" area that Bauman is located as far as rent is concerned?

Thanks!

Angell
"Life is a series of natural and spontaneous changes. Don't resist them - that only creates sorrow. Let reality be reality. Let things flow naturally forward in whatever way they like."- Lao Tzu

Offline Marsha McLaughlin

• Admissions
  • Staff
Re: New with questions!
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2011, 10:06:33 AM »
Hi Angell

The Bauman College Distance Learning Program is exactly the same as our Classrrom Program with two exceptions.  (1) Rather than receiving your lectures in a classroom setting, presented by a Bauman College faculty member, your lectures will be presented in an audio, slide show format through our student dashboard.  The dashboard is internet based. You will also received textbooks, some of which are provided by Bauman College and others will be independent purchases. (2) Distance Learning students also work 'one on one' with a Bauman College faculty member (your mentor) throughout their coursework via regular telephone consultations.  Mentors offer detailed feedback on homework for each course topic, answers questions, and directs students to resources. There are also monthly scheduled teleconference meetings with Dr. Ed Bauman.

Bauman College students have many opportunites to get involved in community programs and obtain hands on experience.  I suggest that you contact Jessica Bauman at  Jessica.bauman@baumancollege.org.  She is our Outreach Coordinator.  She will be able to speak with you about 2-3 day opportunities that you may want to travel for and participate in. 

The fall 2011 Natural Chef Schedules will be available on May 1, 2011.  Although I do not know the exact start dates at this time, you should plan for a mid September start date.

Distance Learning Students may visit our classrooms 4 times throughout the program.  You may want to combine your classroom visits with some community outreach opportunities.

Please visit the Housing Hookup section in our Bauman College Forum. There will be resources for exploring housing in all of our locations.

I am available to speak with you personally to answer any additional questions that you may have.

Be Well,
Marsha McLaughlin
Admissions Supervior
800-987-7530
marsha.mclaughlin@baumancollege.org