Bauman College Programs

Author Topic: Launch or grow your nutrition practice! August 6-8, 2010 Denver,CO  (Read 2427 times)

Offline Lori Cottrell

• Student Services Manager
  • Staff
Launch or grow your nutrition practice!  www.drsearslean.com ~ 303.800.0746
“Dr. Sears’ L.E.A.N.” is a scientifically based, clinically proven educational tool based
on Lifestyle, Exercise, Attitude and Nutrition - the four pillars of health.
L.E.A.N. was developed by world renowned physician, William Sears, M.D. and is a client-ready
tool that will help healthcare and wellness professionals deliver practical and complete wellness
education based on whole food nutrition. For example, instead of the Food Pyramid, Traffic Light
Eating is the basis of the nutrition component of L.E.A.N. This simple model allows parents,
children, expectant moms and families to easily understand and apply simple, sustainable healthy
lifestyle techniques into their daily lives.
Healthcare and wellness professionals who attend and obtain certification to teach Dr. Sears’
L.E.A.N. will receive the backing of Dr. Bill Sears, thereby increasing the credibility of their
workshops, receive unlimited support from a trained and knowledgeable staff, have access to
numerous resources including Power Point presentations, current and applicable journal articles,
professionally designed materials, and much more. Training attendees will receive 20 – 26 hours
of interactive education, all training materials and books, and learn:
 Unique approaches that make whole food nutrition understandable
 Fun, interactive and hands-on learning activities
 Teaching strategies and classroom management techniques
 Creative methods to attract more clients
Current L.E.A.N. offerings include individual and group workshops able to address the needs of
women who are expecting through families with school-aged children.
Join the movement!
August 6 – 8, 2010, Denver, Colorado
Limited time offer:
L.E.A.N. Core Certification - $495.00
Add Prenatal Certification for an additional - $199.00
Payment plans are available.
For more information:
Contact Nutrition Educator, Dominique Hodgin at dominique@drsearslean.com or 303.800.0746
dance as though no one is watching you,
love as though you have never been hurt before,
sing as though no one can hear you,
live as though heaven is on earth...-souza

Offline KathrynW

• Alumni
Re: Launch or grow your nutrition practice! August 6-8, 2010 Denver,CO
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2010, 06:38:48 PM »
Hello!

I am happy to see this announcement and would like to share my continued enthusiasm for the Dr. Sears' L.E.A.N. Programs.

I attended the L.E.A.N. training in April and posted the following shortly afterwards:

... With the nutritional principles very much in line with my NE education (I graduated in December), I found it to be a very accessible and deliverable model to bring forth wellness education to populations who need this information most:  those at risk of obesity and diabetes living undereducated, fast food lifestyles.  I feel equipped to reach these at-risk families, and am looking forward to gaining momentum.  I met a few other participants at the program who were acquainted with Bauman (hopeful future students) who also felt that these teachings, not Pyramid based, were in line with their beliefs.  It was a wonderful, fun and inspiring weekend filled with good learning and experience...

I have since begun to share this program within my community (Boulder) with great response.  I am proud to be a L.E.A.N. coach and  encourage NEs and NCs with an interest in educating parents and parents-to-be in lifestyle and nutrition to consider the L.E.A.N. programs.

Thanks!
Kathryn

Offline KatieH

• Alumni
Re: Launch or grow your nutrition practice! August 6-8, 2010 Denver,CO
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2010, 08:59:28 PM »
I am planning on attending the August training in Denver.  It sounds like a great way to reach under served populations and a very practical approach to presenting sound, basic nutrition principles to parents and parents to be. 

anything