Bauman College Programs

Author Topic: Skype for Distance Learning?  (Read 4201 times)

Offline Alabama

• Alumni
  • Eat Well Be Well
Skype for Distance Learning?
« on: March 31, 2009, 12:39:13 PM »
Hello there BC administrative types!
 I have been enrolled in the Distance Learning NE course before but had to withdraw for personal reasons.  I am in a much better, happier, and healthier place now and am considering re-enrollment.  I am only discouraged by the thought of more lonely distance learning where I don't feel that I am getting the most I can out of my Bauman education.  I really like the spontaneity of the classroom lectures and interaction with other students, but I don't live close by.  My question is about whether or not there had ever been any consideration about setting up a skype type situation for distance learners so that they could hear the lectures from the teachers in real time?  Also, this would allow for the asking of questions as they come up in the lecture as opposed to later on the forum.  Hearing other student's questions would be of great benefit as well.
Thanks!
DeeAnnna Wales-VanReken
Certified Natural Chef
Bastyr MSN/DPD candidate 2013

Offline Oshyan Greene

• Director of Technology
  • Administrator
    • http://www.baumancollege.org/
Re: Skype for Distance Learning?
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2009, 03:52:38 PM »
Hello and welcome back! We are definitely considering systems to facilitate DL involvement in the classroom and Skype is one possible solution. Unfortunately any actual implementation would not be possible for some time at this point, but it's definitely on our "to do" list, and it has some exciting prospects. We are constantly improvements to our DL program delivery and services.

- Oshyan

anything