With the Vitality Fasting Retreat next week, incorporate this great cleansing salad into your preparation. If you aren’t able to join us at the Stillheart Institute this May, try this salad and other cleansing recipes to rebalance your body and increase your energy for summer.
Horseradish helps stimulate bile to maintain a healthy gallbladder, which is important for healthy digestion. Beets are rich in fiber, help detoxify the blood, and support the gallbladder.
- 6 small beets
- 3 Tbs freshly grated horseradish
- 1 small onion, minced
- 3 Tbs olive oil
- 2 Tbs apple cider vinegar
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 Tbs minced parsley
1. Preheat oven to 425 F. Tightly wrap beets in foil lined with parchment paper and roast on a baking sheet until tender, about 1 – 1 ¼ hours. Vent the beets by opening the foil packages slightly. Allow to cool for 15 – 20 minutes.
2. When beets are cool enough to handle, peel and grate them into a medium sized bowl. Add the grated horseradish and onion.
3. Whisk the olive oil, vinegar, salt and pepper together in a small bowl and pour over the beets; stirring to combine.
4. Stir in the fresh parsley and garnish with extra parsley if desired.