Cashews provide an excellent dairy-free base for creating dressings and creams, both savory and sweet. In this recipe, the combination of apple cider vinegar and lemon juice lends the perfect acidic punch to this nut-based alternative to sour cream.
Cashew Sour Cream
Serves: 1 cup
- 1 cup raw cashews
- ½ cup water or more, as needed
- 1½ Tbs apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tbs lemon juice
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- Place cashews in a bowl and cover with water. Let soak for a few hours, or overnight.
- Drain and rinse cashews. Blend cashews, water, apple cider vinegar, lemon juice, and salt, until you reach a really smooth consistency.
- Add more water until you reach the desired thickness, and adjust salt to taste.