Cauliflower resembles couscous when chopped very finely. It is a nutrient-dense and low calorie substitute for grains. Reducing high-carbohydrate foods often promotes weight loss.
Photo from: www.noble-house.tk/recipe
1/2 cup mint leaves
1 1/2 cup loosely packed basil leaves
4 lemons, zested and juiced
1 cup olive oil
1 Tbs maple syrup
2 medium heads cauliflower, stalks and stems discarded
2 Tbs medium-high heat healthy fat (olive oil, ghee, coconut oil, etc.)
1 large red onion, finely diced
salt and pepper, to taste
1/4 cup fresh basil, chiffonade
1/4 cup fresh mint, chiffonade
1/2 cup pistachios, toasted and chopped
Method for Sauce
1. Combine all of the sauce ingredients in a blender.
2. Puree until smooth and set aside.
3. Taste and adjust flavors if necessary.
Method for Cauliflower
1. To prepare the cauliflower, place the florets in a food processor and pulse to a “grain consistency”.
2. Add the fat to a wide pan over medium heat. Add the onion and saute until softened, about 5 minutes.
3. Add the cauliflower and season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring often, until the cauliflower softens, about 15 minutes.
4. Add 1/2 cup of the sauce to the cauliflower and cook for another 10 minutes. Add enough sauce to coat and mix well. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
5. Transfer to a platter and garnish with the herbs and pistachios.