Bring this delicious cleansing salad to an upcoming pot luck. Recipe measured to feed 12.
Citrus and bitter arugula are good liver cleansers and help the body to release excess stored fats. Avocados are a healthy source of fat, which is essential for maintaining optimal weight.
2 shallots, minced fine
¼ cup champagne vinegar
2 mandarins, zested and juiced
½ cup olive oil
salt and pepper, to taste
2 blood oranges
6 cups mixed salad greens
2 cups baby arugula
1. Place the shallots and vinegar in a small bowl and set aside for 20 minutes.
2. Supreme the grapefruits and blood oranges over a bowl to reserve the juice. Set aside the supremed citrus.
3. To make the dressing, add all of the citrus juice and mandarin zest to the shallots and vinegar mixture. Whisk together and then slowly whisk in the olive oil. Taste and adjust.
4. Place all of the greens in a large bowl and toss with enough dressing to coat. Peel and slice the avocados and add to the greens.
5. Toss in the supremed citrus. Drizzle extra dressing over the top, if desired.