Natural Chef Culinary Externship
Real-World Culinary Experience
As part of the training in the Natural Chef Program at Bauman College, our students gain hands-on experience in a professional setting through our culinary externship requirement. They have the opportunity to work with personal or private chefs or in venues such as restaurants, food production companies, resorts, corporate/residential dining facilities, nonprofit organizations, catering companies, and other food service programs.
This experience is a learning opportunity outside of the classroom that builds competency and instills confidence in natural chef students while mutually benefiting individuals and organizations. It also facilitates community relationships and is an opportunity for students to make connections in the field.
This opportunity allows students to gain a variety of experiences to determine in which areas they would like to specialize. Externships can sometimes transition into job opportunities, providing skilled and trained natural chefs for employers.
Culinary Externship Guidelines
- A minimum of 50 hours must be completed.
- Not all 50 hours have to be completed at the same location.
- Externships must be completed within 6 weeks after the final class date.
- Externships must be unpaid.
- Students must be working directly with food.
- Students must have an on-site supervisor to provide adequate feedback by filling out the student’s Culinary Externship Completion Form and Culinary Externship Evaluation Form.
- Students will be evaluated based on:
- Quality and quantity of work
- Use of time
- Basic knowledge of culinary skills and nutrition information
- Interpersonal relations/teamwork
- Dependability (punctuality/attendance)
Request A Chef Extern
To request a chef extern, please fill out this form.
To inquire about the culinary externship, please send an email to the culinary support manager, Cheyenne Wright, at email@example.com.
Is a Creative Career As a Nutrition Consultant or Natural Chef Right for You? Get More Information…
If you are interested in learning more about careers in holistic nutrition and exploring if this is the best choice for you, fill out the form to receive more information.
A helpful Bauman College admissions representative will assist you with everything from program details to career questions and help discover the perfect career path for you.
For immediate questions, please call 1-800-987-7530