Bauman College Programs

Author Topic: Nutrition Consultant vs. Natural Chef  (Read 5158 times)

Offline bettyn351

• Alumni
Nutrition Consultant vs. Natural Chef
« on: October 05, 2011, 11:18:30 AM »
To all you Bauman graduate students,

I'm in the process of a career change and am considering Bauman's Culinary Arts curriculum, either Nutrition Consultant or Natural Chef.

I'm torn as to which program would be best as both apply to my end-goal. I'm currently taking a Holistic Life Coach (HLC) certification through the World School of Massage and Holistic Healing. It's a 12 month program that started in September 2011. My objective is to establish a private practice once my course work is complete.

My end-goal is to augment my HLC practice with culinary and nutritional offerings. I enjoy cooking and have always aspired to be a chef; however my career path took me down the corporate path for 33 years as a Marketing Communications Manager across many industries. Excellent transferable skills.

I need feedback to help me decide between the two course offerings; Natural Chef or Nutrition Consultant. The idea of cooking intrigues me however, I'm concerned as I get older, and standing on my feet all day may be tiring. As a consultant, the thought of customizing recipes and coaching clients toward good health fulfills my desire to help people be the best they can be.

Any advice from those who are now in the field either as a Personal Chef or Nutrition Consultant is welcome.

Thanks.

Signed,

Dazed and Confused (a.k.a. Betty)

Offline Marsha McLaughlin

• Admissions
  • Staff
Re: Nutrition Consultant vs. Natural Chef
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2011, 11:42:40 AM »
Hello Betty

My suggestion would be to begin with the Bauman College Nutrition Consultant Program.  This educational program will fulfill your desire to coach clients towards an appropriate dietary direction based on their unique individual needs. In addition, your Nutrition Consultant education will prepare you to educate and support clients in customing recipes and meal plans to best support their individual needs and support their overall health.

You can still enjoy being an educator in the culinary world without standing on your feet all day.  I have always said, "the Bauman College Programs go hand in glove."  There is a natual cross over of information from one program to the other. Nutrition Consultants learn the importance of incorporating healthy, whole, and appropriate ingredients into their clients meal plans to meet specific dietary goals.  Natural Chefs learn how to incorporate healthy, whole, and appropriate ingredients into a meal plan in order to meet special dietary goals.

I am always available to talk with you personally and in more detail about the different career paths our graduates chose. 

Be Well,

Marsha McLaughlin
Bauman College
Admissions Supervisor
800-987-7530
marsha.mclaughlin@baumancollege.org