Bauman College Programs

Author Topic: Practicing in WA State  (Read 5980 times)


  • Guest
Practicing in WA State
« on: February 11, 2013, 11:49:13 AM »
Hello!  Are there any students from WA state who can give me information on the rules for practicing as a Nutritional Consultant in this state?  I've looked at the Department of Health and they only list the regulations for Dietitians & Nutritionists. 

Any information would be helpful.


Offline Marsha McLaughlin

  • Admissions
  • Staff
  • *****
  • Posts: 169
Re: Practicing in WA State
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2013, 09:21:02 AM »

Washington state has a 'certification' requirement. Here is the exact wording for a certification requirement:

"Limits use of particular title to persons meeting predetermined requirements, while persons not certified can still practice the occupation or profession."

In other words, titles are important.  Bauman College graduates have earned the title of Nutrition Consultant and this is the title that they should use.  They should not promote themselves as a dietitian or nutritionist.  These are protected titles and should not be used by people who did not earn that designation.  It is important for all people who earn a specific title designation to use that designation.  You will not have a problem working in the field of nutrition in the state of Washington if you use the title of Nutrition Consultant.

Thanks for asking this very important question.

Be Well,

Marsha McLaughlin
Bauman College Admissions Manager