Bauman College Programs

Author Topic: MAGNESIUM  (Read 2039 times)

Offline emilys398

• Alumni
MAGNESIUM
« on: April 17, 2014, 05:13:53 PM »
How do you guys feel about magnesium supplementation? or supplementation in general.

I personally have had a lot of success with magnesium supplementation. Although I would definitely consider myself a green eater and I feel as though I have sufficient magnesium levels in my diet, i have found that supplementing with magnesium has lessened my anxiety and stress levels as well as calmed my restlessness at night and helped me to achieve over well being.
How Do you guys feel???

Offline jodi f.

• Curriculum Consultant
  • Staff
Re: MAGNESIUM
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2014, 02:03:54 PM »
Magnesium deficiency is rampant, especially given this culture's maniacal focus on calcium overloading. I personally have had what I now know to be magnesium deficiency symptoms since childhood, including a heart arrhythmia, so I NEVER go without my magnesium supplementation -- at least 450 mg/day. It has also been very beneficial for a long-term migraine client, and all of my clients with ongoing high stress (most of them) swear by it.

Your handout notes the B6-magnesium connection, and I second that.

Offline Drew F.

• Alumni
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2015, 12:09:09 PM »
Hi Jodi -

I noticed you posted back in 2010 about your preferred magnesium supplements - do you still recommend the same ones or has that evolved at all?

Offline jodi f.

• Curriculum Consultant
  • Staff
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2015, 01:20:33 PM »
I didn't go back to check, but what I've used for years is Designs for Health's Buffered Magnesium Chelate, which is magnesium glycinate. I've also used Innate Response's whole foods magnesium, but at the time, it only had 50 mg of magnesium, which wasn't enough for me. They now have one with 300 mg (I believe), so that would be a good one. But because I don't carry a huge diversity of supplements in my private practice, I tend to stick with the DFH product.

Offline Drew F.

• Alumni
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2015, 01:53:03 PM »
Thanks!