Bauman College Programs

Author Topic: Go-to Lunch Recipes?  (Read 1170 times)

Offline morganwachowski

Go-to Lunch Recipes?
« on: October 11, 2016, 10:57:48 PM »
Hi there! I've always found that I struggle with healthy EASY lunches that I can bring with me to work. There are only so many ways to make a salad exciting, and I think Ive just about worn out all of them. Any tips for simple yet filling lunch (besides salad!) that can be prepared the night before?

Offline Nori

• Faculty
    • Radiant Vitality
Re: Go-to Lunch Recipes?
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2016, 04:13:23 PM »
I prepared this a while ago. Perhaps it will be helpful.

PACKING YOUR OWN LUNCH- MID-DAY HOMECOOKING

Basics: plan ahead, buy stainless steel thermos, use icepacks, store in glass when possible

1.   Salad mix, chopped raw vegetables in season (carrots, radish, jicama, celery, pepper, cucumber, tomato, avocado), protein (cooked legumes, fish, meat, cheese, eggs, raw nuts), salad dressing in glass jar (olive oil, citrus or vinegar, mustard, salt, pepper, garlic). 
2.   Leftover soup enriched with leftover protein, plus side of raw vegetables mixed with vinaigrette
3.   Hummus (any cooked bean blended with tahini, lemon juice, cumin, cayenne, salt), fresh vegetables for dipping.
4.   Sheets of nori seaweed wrapped around slices of avocado, canned fish, raw sauerkraut and tahini sauce.
5.   Left-over grains and legumes, tossed with raw /cooked vegetables and dressing of blended carrots, tahini, lemon juice, tamari,  sesame and olive oil.
6.   Whole sprouted grain bread, spread with fresh avocado and mustard, filled with sprouts and protein choice, garnished with pickles, cherry tomatoes, and olives.

Personally, I am a big fan of taking leftover dinner for lunch in a stainless steel thermos. 
Nori M. Hudson, BA, MS
Instructor, Bauman College, Berkeley
Board Certified in Holistic Nutrition by and Registered with NANP
Certified Diet Counselor, Nutrition Educator,  Nutrition Consultant, and Nutrition Teacher through Bauman College