Bauman College Programs

Author Topic: Spiralized Coconut Curry Veggie Pasta  (Read 779 times)

Offline coreymota

Spiralized Coconut Curry Veggie Pasta
« on: March 01, 2017, 02:43:06 PM »
I have been working with spiralizers for some time now and have found that vegetable noodles make for quick, nutritious and easy side dishes!

Spiralized Coconut Curry Veggie Pasta

2 cups coconut water
1 carrot, cut in chunks
1 clove garlic
1.5 tsp ginger
2 tsp curry powder
1/2 Thai chili pepper, minced
2 Tbsp green onion, chopped
2 small cucumbers, spiralized
1 carrot, spiralized
1 red bell pepper, julienne
1 handful cilantro
1/2 Tbsp lemon juice
salt and pepper to taste

1. Set aside in a medium bowl spiralized cucumber and carrot, add julienne red bell pepper, cilantro and green onion.
2. Add lemon juice, Thai chili pepper, curry powder, ginger, garlic, carrot and coconut water to a high speed blender and run about 60 seconds. Season with salt and pepper to taste. 
3. Pour sauce over vegetables and stir until all ingredients are thoroughly mixed.

Tips:
No worries if you don't have any Thai chili peppers available you can substitute for jalapenos and they work just as well!
Feel free to add some toasted nuts for garnish for crunch!
I love utilizing spiralized vegetables in my meals because it makes eating vegetables more fun and its also a great way to cut calories but enjoy all the health benefits!
Spiralizing also cuts my prep time down incredibly so you can make these vegetables ahead of time and store for up to 3 days in the refrigerator before using. 

Offline BoooD4455

Re: Spiralized Coconut Curry Veggie Pasta
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2019, 05:28:04 AM »
One more Vegetarian Pasta - Vegan Pasta Sauce https://oneperfectdayblog.net/pasta-sauce/
INGREDIENTS
1 medium brown onion
1 2 cloves of garlic
2 3 sticks celery
1 large carrot
1 large or 2 small zucchini (courgettes)
half a small capsicum. Green or red is fine. (This is a pepper for my US readers)
1 bottle store-bought passata sauce (see notes below).
olive oil for cooking
Try) Delicious!

anything