Bauman College Programs

Author Topic: Intuitive Eating  (Read 2803 times)

Offline michellefisher

Re: Intuitive Eating
« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2019, 07:44:34 PM »
Thank you everyone for your helpful wisdom and insight.  Intuitive eating is a new concept to me and one that I am interested in.  I am dealing with various food sensitivities and have used many different approaches to try and balance my system.  The only thing that has worked so far is to stay away from the offending foods.  In my search for wholeness I have read many different diet books and tried following the recommendations.  Over the years I have adopted what works for me.  In a sense, I was developing my own form of intuitive eating I think.  I started following some of the suggested individuals on this post to get a better understanding of the process.  Thank you for opening up my mind into a topic that I didn't even know I needed.   

Offline roshnihathiramani

• Student
Re: Intuitive Eating
« Reply #16 on: February 27, 2019, 10:41:18 PM »
Thank you so much for this post. I am just beginning my Eating for Health journey and I had never come across this concept, however, it resonated with me as it reminded me of something my daughter's pediatrician once told me. I was a new mother at the time and my daughter who was one at the time absolutely refused to have egg. When I consulted the pediatrician he told me that when kids show a clear rejection of certain products, it is better not to force them as in many cases they unknowingly show signs of certain intolerances which they cannot communicate. I took this advice and applied it and I am so happy that I did. My kids are exposed to all kinds of foods, and I persist on them trying new things, but when I see a clear rejection of certain foods I do not insist upon them. I find that kids automatically eliminate foods that they don't digest well, be it eggs, milk, certain fruits etc. I guess this is the essence of intuitive eating?
Thank you so much for your post and I cannot wait to read some of the books that other peers have recommended and taking a look at the different websites.

anything