Bauman College Programs

Author Topic: Anyone know about Grants/Scholarships out there?  (Read 7453 times)

Offline wildrice

• Ahimsa
Anyone know about Grants/Scholarships out there?
« on: March 07, 2009, 10:47:16 AM »
Hi,

I'm planning on attending Bauman in the fall. I do not have enough money to afford the school, especially since I'm still paying off my other student loans.
Has anyone found any resources out there that can help?
I've been trying to search for grants/scholarships, but I haven't found any that I can apply to Bauman College.

Any ideas for searching, places to talk to, ect. would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Sarah

Offline Marlina E

• Associate Director
  • Administrator
    • Bauman College Online
Re: Anyone know about Grants/Scholarships out there?
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2009, 12:00:51 PM »
Hi Sarah,

Check out this link:
http://www.baumancollege.org/enrollment/fees-and-funding-info.html

Those are the opportunities that Bauman College is aware of.  You will want to definitely check out the Peterson's Guide or similar, which is mentioned on that page. 

Good luck, we hope to see you here one day!

BA Environmental Studies UCSB
Nutrition Consultant

Offline ChloeF

• Alumni
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2009, 11:30:53 AM »
Hey-

As you will see on the  site that she directed you to, you will see a program called earn. If you make under a certain amount and live in san francisco they will double your money in a bank account. That is how I was able to attend Bauman. I don't know if you live in SF or make under the amount they require, but if so check it out. It is really an amazing program with no scams attached. Good luck! If you have any questions let me know.

Chloe

Offline wildrice

• Ahimsa
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2009, 01:25:18 PM »
Wow, thank you both! I've been looking under www.petersons.com and have found a variety of scholarship options and how to correctly write essays for scholarships! It's great!
Chloe- I'm not Cali citizen so I can't apply for the 'earn' program you mentioned, but I'm going to see if there are any options for WI residences! I'm in need of $ so i can't attend in the fall.
Thanks!
« Last Edit: March 12, 2009, 02:20:10 PM by Marlina E »

Offline KristinC

• Alumni
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2009, 01:41:52 PM »
Where in WI are you?  I'm in the Milwaukee area.  When are you planning to enroll?  If you are doing distance learing and live somewhere nearby, let me know and maybe we can start a small study/discussion group!

Cheers,
Kristin

Offline wildrice

• Ahimsa
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2009, 02:22:15 PM »
Kristin,
I'm from Washburn, WI up on Lake Superior, but I am currently living in the San Juan Mountains in Colorado. Are you planning on taking classroom courses or just online? I'm planning on attending the Boulder Classroom starting Sept. 2009.