Bauman College Programs

Author Topic: Is the E4H program mainly plant-based?  (Read 5330 times)

Offline melissa

Is the E4H program mainly plant-based?
« on: March 30, 2009, 09:37:51 PM »
Hello! I am "this close" to enrolling in the NE DL program and am really excited about it! As a vegan, I ultimately (not exclusively at first) want to focus on plant-based nutrition and want to make sure this program will be good for that. I asked Dr. Bauman during a teleconference and he said it would be fine, but didn't elaborate at all. It appears the E4H plan is mainly plant-based & I like the "protein" on the food system wheel instead of "meat"!  :)

Offline Marsha McLaughlin

• Admissions
  • Staff
Re: Is the E4H program mainly plant-based?
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2009, 01:34:15 PM »
Hello

I think you would be a great fit for Bauman College. You are correct in that Eating 4 Health is a rejuvenating food system that is plant based, organic, seasonal, and nutrient-rich. I am happy you are excited to begin this program Be sure to contact me if you need any assistance through the application and enrollment process.

I've included some information on the Eating 4 Health system and a brief overview of our philosophy. I hope this highlights the importance of being non-dogmatic in our individualized approach as Holistic Nutritional Professionals.

The Eating 4 Health model is plant-based.  However, it does include both organic vegetable and animal protein (organic poultry, eggs, dairy, and fish). Organic animal protein may be an appropriate dietary choice for some individuals. Eating 4 Health explores the various diet theories from the last century and why they haven't worked for all individuals.  E4H is about customizing a diet plan based upon an individuals constitution and context.  E4H is a whole foods approach to nutrition developed to provide an alternative to the USDA Food Pyramid and other unbalanced diet approaches. The E4H model guides us in choosing nutrient-dense and diverse foods.

Our approach is non-dogmatic, seeking to find the ideal diet and life-style uniquely suited to each individual. Our programs teach an in-depth understanding of biochemical individuality that call for specific food selection and carefully considered, well-researched therapeutic nutrients.

I am always available to speak with you.  Be sure to contact me directly if you have additional questions or need more information. 

Be Well,

Marsha McLaughlin
Admissions Supervisor
admissions@baumancollege.org

« Last Edit: March 31, 2009, 01:43:53 PM by Marsha McLaughlin »

Offline revruss

« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2009, 10:44:36 AM »
I'd like to piggy-back a bit on what Melissa was asking. I found out about Bauman College through an ad in VegNews magazine so I assumed the curriculum would be meatless. Like Melussa, I'm a vegan. I'm a vegan for ethical reasons. My interest is working with vegans who want to eat well. Will I be able to use the Bauman curriculum to help me learn how to educate other vegans? Can I complete my assignments from a vegan standpoint?

Thanks,

Russell

Offline Marsha McLaughlin

• Admissions
  • Staff
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2009, 04:49:41 PM »
Hi Russell

I like your career goal of working with vegans who want to eat well.  The Bauman College curriculum will educate you on the special dietary needs of vegans, vegetable proteins, and the best dietary sources for assuring appropriate levels of nutrients that vegans are often deficient in. You will certainly be able to complete your assignments from a vegan standpoint. However, you will still be required to attend the classes in which animal proteins are discussed or prepared.

Being non-dogmatic, Bauman College does not believe that one dietary philosophy is appropriate for all people. Eating 4 Health explores the various diet theories from the last century and why they haven't worked for all individuals.  Our curriculum will give you an overview on many different dietary models.

Be sure to contact me if you would like to discuss this in more detail or have additional questions.  You may also want to search this forum for additional vegan discussion.

Be Well,

Marsha McLaughlin
Bauman College Admissions Supervisor
800-987-7530  707-794-8785
admissions@baumancollege.org

« Last Edit: June 05, 2009, 04:59:35 PM by Marlina E »

Offline Jesse Miner

• Alumni
    • Jesse Miner - Vegan Personal Chef
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2009, 12:19:03 PM »
Will I be able to use the Bauman curriculum to help me learn how to educate other vegans? Can I complete my assignments from a vegan standpoint?
Yes on both counts! :)

Jesse (Bauman Natural Chef graduate & Vegan Personal Chef)
Jesse Miner
Vegan Personal Chef
San Francisco, CA
jesse@chefjesseminer.com
www.chefjesseminer.com
650-274-8089

anything