Bauman College Programs

Author Topic: Perequisites & Accreditation  (Read 5388 times)

Offline andreafromaustin

Perequisites & Accreditation
« on: July 15, 2009, 02:12:28 PM »
I am a little confused about what would be required to be completed before attending this college. Do you have to have a four-year degree before attending? And are you getting the certification equivalent of a degree after completing the courses, or is it more like a certificate? It seems to me like it's saying that you get a certificate; yet there are courses that allow you to be a 'Master' or 'Doctor' of the field?

I just want a little clarification, of what needs to be done before attending, and what you are getting (on paper) for your educational/career reputation afterwards. It really doesn't matter to me as much, but my parents are a lot happier about supporting me throughout schooling if I'm getting a real 'degree'.

I'm in massage school right now, and have taken several classes at my community college without much focus in one area at all. I am also interested in continuing on to an acupuncture college; which would require at least 2-3 years of accredited study (preferably at a college or university). But I would love to be able to mesh together all of my interests in holistic healing.

Offline Marsha McLaughlin

• Admissions
  • Staff
Re: Perequisites & Accreditation
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2009, 11:54:34 AM »
Hello

You do not need a degree to apply and enroll in Bauman College.You must have a High School Diploma or equivalent and be at least 18 years of age to attend Bauman College.

Bauman College is a vocational school, licensed by the California State Bureau for Private Postsecondary and Vocational Education (currently in 'sunset' status as the California legislation works to renew, update, and improve the BPPVE operating structure) to certify graduates for federally approved Dictionary of Occupational Titles: Nutrition Educator, Nutrition Consultant, and Natural Chef. Bauman College is holistic, naturopathic, research-based, clinical, and case-centered. Our focus is on seasonal, organic, and unrefined foods, combined with appropriate supplementation, herbs, and lifestyle factors.

A university program is academically oriented and confers degrees and titles such as Registered Dietitian, or Nutritionist for someone with a Masters in Nutrition. University programs are more conventional in that they follow the USDA Food Pyramid, are based upon standard dietetic and nutrition texts, and apply guidelines established by major health and medical associations.

It can take several years to earn a conventional college degree, whereas Bauman College programs prepare you for a satisfying and lucrative career in nutrition much more quickly.

If you haven't already participated in a 'One on One' advising appointment, I would encourage you to do so.  This advising session will allow you the opportunity to ask any additional questions that you may have about Bauman College.  Please contact Lacey at 800-987-7530 or appointments@baumancollege.org

I am available to speak with you directly at anytime.  Be sure to contact me with any additional questions.

Be Well,
Marsha McLaughlin
Admissions Supervisor
800-987-7530
admissions@baumancollege.org

anything