Bauman College Programs

Author Topic: Difference btw Nutrition Educator vs. Nutrition Consultant  (Read 10448 times)

Offline O

Difference btw Nutrition Educator vs. Nutrition Consultant
« on: November 27, 2006, 03:10:36 PM »
hello everybody

can anyone help me in clarifying the differences between the two above mentioned programs?

i read all the material on your website - however i would need three crisp and targeted answers to the following three questions:

1) what is overlapping in the two programs?
2) what is the difference between the two programs?
3) what can I do with the nutrition educator program, which i cannot do when taking the nutrition consultant and vice versa.

bullet points as answers would suffice.
thank you for any assistance.

kind regards,
thomas

Offline Marlina E

• Associate Director
  • Administrator
    • Bauman College Online
Re: Difference btw Nutrition Educator vs. Nutrition Consultant
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2006, 04:05:53 PM »
Hello Thomas,

Thank you for your questions.

For a detailed overview of the Nutrition Educator and Nutrition Consultant courses, check out the mini-syllabus through this link.  You will find both courses outlined here:

http://www.baumancollege.org/web/pdfs/educator_consult_syllabus.PDF

Here are answers to your specifics:

1-2) The two courses are sequential, comprised of unique information in each.  Nutrition Educator is a pre-requisite for Nutrition Consultant.  You must have a Nutrition Educator certification in order to enroll in Nutrition Consultant.  In a nutshell, Nutrition Educator teaches the basics of nutrition: Digestive Physiology, macro and micronutrients, diet planning and evaluation as well as business skills.  The two conditions that are addressed in Nutrition Educator are Weight Management, which includes blood sugar regulation, and Allergy and Immune support.  Nutrition Consultant builds upon the skills from Nutrition Educator and prepares students to work in clinical settings, using specific protocols for chronic, degenerative disease conditions.  So barring minimal overlap in the form of summary of material from Nutrition Educator, Nutrition Consultant has a unique curriculum.  See full course descriptions in the school catalog. (http://www.baumancollege.org/web/pdfs/JournalCat.pdf). 

3) Below is a link to the Graduate Opportunities PDF which explains the different employment options for all of our graduates.  This piece outlines the opportunities clearly.

I hope this clarification is helpful.

A great way to get informed about our courses is to attend an Introductory Evening at one of our school locations, or to participate in the Introductory Teleconference Calls.  These events are held monthly and you can find out information about upcoming dates from the link on our homepage.

Thank you for writing!  Please do not hesitate to contact us for further information, either through the forums or by telephone at 800-987-7530.  Our Admissions Advisor is available during normal business hours  to answer any questions that you may have.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2007, 10:27:40 AM by Marlina E »
BA Environmental Studies UCSB
Nutrition Consultant

Offline lisa

« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2007, 08:08:40 PM »
Hello Thomas,

Thank you for your questions.

For a detailed overview of the Nutrition Educator and Nutrition Consultant courses, check out the mini-syllabus through this link.  You will find both courses outlined here:

http://www.baumancollege.org/web/pdfs/educator_consult_syllabus.PDF

Here are answers to your specifics:

1-2) The two courses are sequential, comprised of unique information in each.  Nutrition Educator is a pre-requisite for Nutrition Consultant.  You must have a Nutrition Educator certification in order to enroll in Nutrition Consultant.  In a nutshell, Nutrition Educator teaches the basics of nutrition: Digestive Physiology, macro and micronutrients, diet planning and evaluation as well as business skills.  The two conditions that are addressed in Nutrition Educator are Weight Management, which includes blood sugar regulation, and Allergy and Immune support.  Nutrition Consultant builds upon the skills from Nutrition Educator and prepares students to work in clinical settings, using specific protocols for chronic, degenerative disease conditions.  So barring minimal overlap in the form of summary of material from Nutrition Educator, Nutrition Consultant has a unique curriculum.  See full course descriptions in the school catalog. (http://www.baumancollege.org/web/pdfs/JournalCat.pdf). 

3) Below is a link to the Graduate Opportunities PDF which explains the different employment options for all of our graduates.  This piece outlines the opportunities clearly.[/size]I hope this clarification is helpful.

A great way to get informed about our courses is to attend an Introductory Evening at one of our school locations, or to participate in the Introductory Teleconference Calls.  These events are held monthly and you can find out information about upcoming dates from the link on our homepage.

Thank you for writing!  Please do not hesitate to contact us for further information, either through the forums or by telephone at 800-987-7530.  Our Admissions Advisor is available during normal business hours  to answer any questions that you may have.

I don't see a link, but I would be interested in seeing this PDF if you could please provide it again.

Offline Marlina E

• Associate Director
  • Administrator
    • Bauman College Online
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2007, 10:30:13 PM »
The link is still there.  Look for it at the bottom of my post, under the line.  It has a little paperclip next to it.  Please call me if you still have difficulty finding the link.

Take care!
Nutrition Consultant

Offline lisa

« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2007, 06:25:03 AM »
The link is still there.  Look for it at the bottom of my post, under the line.  It has a little paperclip next to it.  Please call me if you still have difficulty finding the link.

Take care!

Hi Marlina, thanks for the quick reply. I did try to open the link and Adobe is telling me that the file cannot open because it is either corrupt, broken, or sent as an email attachment and coded incorrectly. Also, I wasn't seeing the little file attachment clip before, because you have to log in in order to see it. You do not see the file as a guest...my bad.

So, I am not sure why, but Adobe will not open the file. I have the latest version of Adobe and am viewing on Windows Vista. Any help would be appreciated.

TIA,

Lisa

Offline Marlina E

• Associate Director
  • Administrator
    • Bauman College Online
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2007, 10:28:27 AM »
HI there,

Not sure what happened to the file. I just replaced it.  This should work!
Nutrition Consultant