Bauman College Programs

Linked Events

• Prenatal Nutrition Program: October 02, 2009
  • Prenatal Nutrition Program: October 05, 2009
  • Prenatal Nutrition Program: October 09, 2009

Author Topic: Prenatal Nutrition Programs  (Read 3107 times)

Offline Leah Vachani

• Alumni
    • Holistic Family Wellness
Prenatal Nutrition Programs
« on: September 14, 2009, 05:16:32 PM »

Are you struggling to fit more greens in your pregnancy diet?
Are your pregnancy cravings for ice cream overpowering your desire for spinach?
Are you finding it difficult to know what you should eat while growing another human?
Concerned about what nutrients you might be missing and how to choose a prenatal multivitamin?
Do you want to know how you can feel great during pregnancy AND optimize the health of your growing bundle of joy?
Scared to take over-the-counter medications for common pregnancy complaints? Would you rather use safe and natural remedies?

Yes? …then this is the class for you!

What to Eat When Eating for Two

Prenatal Nutrition Classes for Expectant Mothers in their 1st, 2nd, or 3rd Trimesters.

4 Class Workshop Series (for dates, visit http://hfwellness.com/classes/eating-for-two/)

Group 1: Expectant Moms in their 1st or 2nd Trimesters

Group 2: Expectant Moms in their 3rd Trimester. Focus will also be on nutrition for breastfeeding and for postpartum recovery.

Classes will be specific to your stage of pregnancy with topics including:
How to eat well to maximize your nutrient intake for two (or three or four)!
Learn skills for healthy meal planning, grocery shopping tips, and stocking a whole foods pantry.
Identify foods, lifestyle habits and other circumstances to avoid or minimize the risk of harm to your growing baby.
Food demonstrations from an experienced Natural & Therapeutic Chef using a menu created specifically for pregnancy.
Learn about herbal and natural remedies to safely address common pregnancy complaints such as nausea, heartburn, constipation, fatigue and more.
How to safely detoxify your body and create a clean, healthy environment for you and baby.

The 4 Class Series Workshop includes:
4 one and a half hour classes. See below for dates and times.
Food Demonstrations by a Natural and Therapeutic Chef, Angie Needels, from a menu specifically created for pregnancy. Delicious samples to be passed out, of course!
A gift bag including Pregnancy Tea (an herbal blend to support a healthy pregnancy), a must-have book to enhance your knowledge of nutrition for pregnancy AND with read-ahead material on Baby’s first foods, and a sample of Angie’s special yummy homemade granola mix.
A folder full of great information including handouts for class, resources for buying healthy foods, links to online resources, lists of parenting networks and local holistically-minded health care practitioners, and more.
An additional 30-minute private consultation with Leah.

How do I sign up?
Call Leah at (925) 951-7136
Reserve your spot soon, classes fill up quickly!

For more information, visit http://hfwellness.com/classes/eating-for-two/
Leah Vachani, BS, NC
Holistic Nutrition Consultant

2910 Camino Diablo, Suite 210
Walnut Creek, CA  94597
(925) 951-7136
Leah@HFWellness.com
hfwellness.com

Go to my website to sign up for a free newsletter providing health and wellness tips, upcoming events, and special offers!

Offline TaraM

• Alumni
Re: Prenatal Nutrition Programs
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2009, 03:23:23 PM »
Thank you for this information. Though I am not currenly pregnant, this is a field that I am very much interested in learning more about. I will look more into your classes. Thank you again.
Peace and Blessings
Tara

anything