Bauman College Programs

Author Topic: Chef Program Question  (Read 4682 times)

Offline Lisa Owen

• Alumni
Chef Program Question
« on: April 20, 2007, 07:39:39 PM »
Is seasonality a meaningful consideration when deciding to enroll in the chef program (foods harvested in fall vs. the spring)?  While I love all seasonal food, I'm thinking I might prefer to undertake the program in the spring due to the foods in season at that particular time of year. 

I'd like to enroll sooner (fall of 2007) vs. spring of 2008, but  should I wait for next spring's course or is the emphasis less on seasonality and more on other aspects....?

Thank you,
Lisa

Offline Marlina E

• Associate Director
  • Administrator
    • Bauman College Online
Re: Chef Program Question
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2007, 01:02:06 PM »
The Bauman College Natural Chef program is an extension of the Eating for Health approach to optimal nutrition that provides students with the tools to work with a complete palate of whole foods. We emphasize seasonal cuisine, but our recipe compilation and meal plans can be applied to any of the four seasons. For example, in winter, we feature more warming, building foods, but always include fresh fruits and vegetables and our very popular living foods class. In summer, we lean toward more cooling, cleansing foods, but students also learn to cook soups, broths, fish, chicken and hearty grain dishes. We support our students in creating menus and
meal plans that meet client needs and respond to the changing influences of climate and location. Our recipe compilation for both spring and fall has a wealth of choices from cleansing to building foods and for each season and climate.
BA Environmental Studies UCSB
Nutrition Consultant