Featuring ginger, cinnamon, vanilla, and maple syrup, this tea is a warm treat that supports digestion.
Healing Spiced Tea
- 1/3 cup ginger, peeled and sliced, cut 1/4 inch thick
- 10 cups water
- 3 Tbs coriander seeds
- 1 1/2 Tbs cardamom pods
- 4 cinnamon sticks
- 5 whole cloves
- 1 1/2 cups almond milk
- 1 Tbs maple syrup, more if needed
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Combine ginger and water in a saucepan and bring to a boil. Lower the heat, cover and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Add coriander, cardamom, cinnamon, and cloves, and continue to simmer for an additional 20 minutes.
- Strain tea through a fine-mesh sieve into a clean saucepan. Add almond milk and maple syrup and gently reheat without boiling for 2 to 3 minutes, until warm. Stir in the vanilla, then taste. Add more milk or sweetener if needed.
- Serve hot or cold.
Reprinted with permission from “The Cancer-Fighting Kitchen: Nourishing, Big Flavor Recipes For Cancer Treatment And Recovery”. Copyright 2009. By Rebecca Katz with Mat Edelson. Ten Speed Press: A Division Of The Crown Publishing Group. Berkeley, CA