It’s simple…and works!
- 3-4 Tbs Coconut oil
- 3/4 to 1 cup baking soda
- 30 drops lavender essential oil
- 1 tsp arrowroot powder, optional
- AND, an empty deodorant stick.
1. Melt the coconut oil in a pan on low heat. Once melted, turn off the flame and mix in the essential oil.
2. In a large bowl, mix the coconut oil mixture with the baking soda. You’ll want to slowly add the baking soda to make sure you don’t add too much. (You are going for a soft thick consistency. This will produce a somewhat soft deodorant stick. If you want a harder stick, add the arrowroot powder).
3. Fill the empty deodorant tube with the baking soda mixture and tap the bottom to remove any bubbles and empty space.
4. Leave the stick out over night to harden. If you live in a warm climate, you may want to keep the deodorant in the fridge to keep it hard.