It’s peach season! Try this nutritious version of peach jam for a twist on an old favorite.
This summery jam is thickened with arrowroot and chia seeds, giving it a nutritional boost. The yellow peaches are perfectly complimented by the addition of honey and a touch of sage.
- 1 lbs yellow peaches
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- ½ cup water
- 3 Tbs honey, more to taste if needed
- 2 Tbs arrowroot dissolved in ¼ cup water
- 5 sage leaves, minced
- ¼ tsp ground chia seeds
1. Pit peaches and cut into large chunks. Add peaches, lemon juice, water, and honey to a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium heat and cook for 5-8 minutes, until mixture foams and peaches break down.
2. Add the arrowroot slurry and continue to cook for 2-3 more minutes, until thick and golden.
3. Mash the peaches with a potato masher, add chia seeds and sage. Mix well.
4. Pour into clean pint jar and allow to cool. Jam will thicken as it cools.
5. If you plan on sealing the jars, place a lid and twist a metal ring over the lid tightly. Boil the jars in a canner or large pot for 5 minutes. Remove carefully, making sure not to burn yourself and let cool.
Enjoy your homemade jam!