Restorative Nutrition with RAW JUICE
“The prime object of natural healing is to give the principle of Life the line of least resistance, that it may enable man the most abundant health.” Dr. Benedict Lust.
1. Raw juices are pure liquids locked in the cells of plants that have definite therapeutic value.
2. Just as herbs have specific curative values so do the plants’ juices, which have come from specific fresh fruits and vegetables.
3. Fresh fruit juices are the cleansers of the human system.
4. Vegetable juices are the regenerators and builders of the body.
5. Grown in healthy soil, they contain all the substances needed for nourishing the human organism—provided the juices are used when fresh and raw, and without preservatives.
6. When vegetables and fruits have been naturally cooked or ripened by solar energy, they contain all the elements the sun and earth have buried deep within their fiber.
7. Raw juices are second to honey in ease and speed of assimilation (on an empty stomach, juices will be absorbed by the bloodstream and glands 15 minutes after ingestion.
8. Because we consume a limited amount of pure raw food daily, a pint (16 oz.) or more of fresh raw fruit or vegetable juice daily will have a marked therapeutic effect.
9. Those who have lived for years on highly seasoned foods, abundant protein, pastries, and heavy starches will almost inevitably complain of distress when starting a rigorous raw juice schedule.
10. Such disagreeable reactions denote a disharmony with, with and unhealthy condition of the stomach and bowels, or an acid condition of the blood.
11. A healing crisis—an intensifying of symptomatic complaints—is the body’s way of restoring balance by throwing off waste, and will pass naturally if allowed to run its course. This is the nature of colds, flu, fevers, allergies, that is, if suppressed, deeper trouble is ahead.
PROPERTIES OF RAW JUICE
Carrots have some protein, are rich in carbohydrates, potassium, sodium, and calcium, and contain abundant alkaline minerals, a trace of iodine, and a good proportion of all vitamins. Carrots constitute a powerful cleansing food, and are one of the most effective means of changing the intestinal flora from a putrefactive to a non-putrefactive type.
- Carrot juice can generally be consumed in large quantities without difficulty. Because of its excellent vitamin content it, is good for conditions where it is important to improve the quality of the blood.
- Very effective in aiding chronic infections such as tonsillitis, colitis, and appendicitis. It is effective in controlling anemia, stones, acidosis, blood poisoning, faulty circulation and ulcers.
- Rheumatic ailments are a result of nutritional disorders and respond readily to carrot and celery treatment.
- One of the richest sources of vitamin A, which the body can quickly assimilate, and contains an ample supply of vitamins B, C, D, E, G, and K.
- Helps to promote appetite and is an aid to digestion.
- Aids the improvement of the bone structure of teeth.
- The nursing mother to enhance the quality of her milk should consume Liberal quantities of carrot juice.
- Because of its strong alkalinity, helps to combat fatigue.
- Offers resistance to infection and is a protector of the nervous system.
- Is a safe beauty formula and the best rouge is a glass of carrot juice daily.
- Is a prolific source of magnesium, sodium, and iron.
- Quiets the nerves and is conducive to sound sleep.
- Contains as much sodium as calcium, which is valuable in arthritis conditions.
- Have properties that are essential to oxygen metabolism.
- Like celery, is a sedative, and an effective drug poison eliminator.
- Is an important cleansing herb, rich in vitamins and strongly alkaline, abounding in iron, calcium, potassium, and magnesium.
- Has value in its stimulating, invigorating, life-giving qualities.
- Because it is highly concentrated, it is best used sparingly (2 oz.) and in combination with other raw vegetable juices.
- Effective in cleansing the mucous membranes of the stomach and intestinal tract.
- Provides high sulfur, chlorine and vitamin C; therapeutic only when taken raw.
- Sauerkraut and its juice is an excellent form of cabbage.
- Offers generous quantities of iron and magnesium. Magnesium has exceptional vitalizing powers, particularly on the muscle tissue brain and nerves. Magnesium also assists in maintenance of the normal fluidity of the blood, in the absence of which proper metabolism is impossible.
- Fortified with calcium, potassium, phosphorus, sulfur, and silicon; lettuce is important in the proper maintenance of skin, sinews and hair; is a lymphatic cleanser.
RAW SPINACH JUICE
- Finest organic material for cleansing, reconstructing, and regenerating the intestinal tract.
- Properly prepared and combined, will correct the most aggravated case of constipation within a few days or weeks.
- Tastes good with apple or carrot juice.