Wow the crowd with your very own homemade Cheese-it.
¾ cup brown rice flour
2 Tbs potato starch
2 Tbs tapioca flour
⅛ tsp xanthum gum
2 cups hard goat cheddar cheese, grated
2 Tbs coconut oil
1 large egg, at room temperature
1 Tbs water
¾ tsp salt
⅛ tsp freshly ground black pepper
1. Preheat oven to 350 F.
2. In large bowl, combine the flours, starch, and xantham gum. Whisk to combine. Add the cheese and stir to combine.
3. Melt the coconut oil over low heat, then cool it enough so that it won’t cook the egg when mixed. Add to a separate bowl.
4. Add the egg, water, salt, and pepper to the coconut oil. Mix to combine.
5. Combine the wet and dry ingredients in the large bowl and mix well until it forms a solid dough. Cut the dough in half and shape each half into a disk using a sheet of plastic wrap. Allow to rest in the refrigerator for 40 minutes.
6. After the dough has rested, get out 2 baking sheets and cut 2 pieces of parchment paper large enough for the baking sheets. Put each ball of dough onto a sheet of parchment and place a piece of plastic wrap on top. Use a rolling pin to roll the dough out very thinly, as thin as you can get it without it breaking. The dough will break a little around the edges and this is fine. You can use your fingers to press it back together.
7. Once the dough is rolled out, score it with a knife into desired shapes. Transfer each piece of parchment with dough onto a baking sheet. Bake for 25 minutes. The crackers should be golden brown. Allow to cool and break off into pieces.